Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Noval Project


The thesis of this novel is that medical care is not simple. It is actually quite tricky. The young doctors in the story all have wonderful educations and good data about helping their patients. What we learn is that this is not enough to help sick people. Many of the sick people are crazy and do not cooperate with the doctors. Others are there just for attention. Some are even dead and so the doctors are dealing with their living family members. Based in real life events that Lam experienced as a doctor, his novel was a series stories about four young doctors Ming, Fitz, Sri and Chen. The author displays the relationships between these characters have with another, as a patient and in their careers. Lam’s own experiences as a doctor are clearly visible in his writing. He was showing a serious change that occurs in people who work as a doctor. He wanted the readers to know that helping the sick patients is not easy. It’s often complicated .the telling of the stories helped him express his ideas.Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures

This was an interesting book. I really think the man who wrote this book had to be a real doctor. That is my impression. The part of the book I liked best in the book was the parts about the love triangle between Ming, Chen and Fitzgerald. I like love stories. It was interesting to me that Ming who is Chinese was going with Fitzgerald who is English. This is unusual for me and for people from my culture so it was good to read about.

2 comments:

Choyi said...

Hey Saad, I really enjoyed the book with a wonderful group (Arelio, Ryan and you), And I agree with you that this is the book only Dr. Lam could write... Take care.

Emily said...

Hi, according to your writng I think this is a interesting book!