Monday, April 21, 2008

Happiness



I am sitting in my apartment now (10 o’clock Monday) and a lot of people are sure sounding happy outside. I think the Montreal Ccanadian have won the hockey game tonight.
This is an example I think of a collective happiness. The celebrating people all belong to the same group who like that team. This is a wonderful experience for that group of people. This is one form of happiness that we can all relate to. I have had this kind of experience when my favourite team won an important soccer game. All the fans were on the streets, honking horns of cars and driving and drifting around in celebration.
There are different things though that contribute to our general sense of happiness and these are mostly in relation to our relationships with other people and with God. I believe that the article we read is correct when it says that the people who are the happiest are those who are in relationships like married people. I also believe that having faith is very important to a sense of happiness. Faith gives all of us hope and profound peace of mind. It takes problems away from us and make them to a bigger power.
I did think before that money would give happiness but the article sure told me that is not true. I was really impressed with the statistics on the lack of correlation between wealth and happiness. I particularly like the comment that the person on the bus is often as happy as the person driving the Mercedes. I did not think that this was true before but I understand better now.

4 comments:

Choyi said...

Hey, Sadd. I'm totally into your writing now. Actually, yesterday I was in downtown until 10pm and everybody just went to crazy!!;) Even I used to do it before, (specially, soccer seasons~ )
I was pretty scared! >.<
(and might feel isolated...)
Anyway that reminds me what I used to...

It is really good to hear your belief and take care! :)

Alaa M said...

hi saad
i agree with your ideas, because i really have a lot of experience with them...
see you

Tiffany said...

Happiness?
HOHO...
I hope i can bring happiness to everyone!!!

Emily said...

Hi Saad, I agree with you idea, and I think everyone want to be happy!