Thursday, April 10, 2008

language learning



Language Learning



Making mistakes is helpful for people to make progress in learning language. When people make mistakes and the teacher corrects their mistake, the student learns the right way and so makes progress. In learning it is important to try new things. This is true in language learning too. A student has to try to say things and to write things the way he thinks they should be. Of course, the student will always make mistakes and that is not bad. In fact, it is good. That way the student learns two things. He learns what is wrong, and after his teacher corrects him, he learns what is right.





Practicing as often as possible is really important to language learning. I know this because after I completed Level VI, I went home to Saudi Arabia. I thought my English was really good. I stayed there for 5 months, only speaking Arabic. When I came back I had a big surprise. I had forgotten so much. I had not practiced for those 5 months and it really showed. I had forgotten vocabulary and grammar. Going back to school was really difficult.





Analysing the speech of other people is important too. It is really good to listen to other people and how they say things. Of course, we must listen to English speakers if we want to hear the language spoken correctly. I try to listen to English television and to English people when they are talking so that I can copy the way that they say things. This is a good way to learn.


7 comments:

Toby said...

we have the same opinion.
is that call heros alway have the same view?HOHO

Choyi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Choyi said...

good work! Specially examples of your own experience are so interesting. :)
And your third point that an importance of analyzing other's speech is brilliant!
Take care and see you.

ps.for Toby,heros? haha...(what's wrong with...)

Emily said...

Same as my points~~~sometimes we are afraid of making mistakes, that is why we can not improve~~

Truc Pham said...

yeahhh, so clear and practical.
I 'm still trying to overcome my scaring in making a mistake!:-S

Tiffany said...

Yap..
practising as teachers alway tell us....

mehrnaz said...

hey good point.i think the same and even when i wanted to learn english i use the same way of listening to poeple and tv.